We started making my own live wreaths last winter and we haven't stopped since. We are completely hooked on making wreaths. We promise once you start you wont be able to stop.
Supplies you will need:
- Wreath form. There are many different types to choose from, it all depends on the look that you are going for.
- Paddle wire (Can be found at most craft stores)
- Greens (I try to forage most of mine but I also buy some at my local green house or florist) It is also nice to have a variety of greens, so that you can have different textures and colors
- Hot glue gun
- Other pretty things to add into your wreath. Our personal favourites are dried oranges, pine cones, and berries.
Collect all of your supplies
Find a work space (mine is usually my kitchen table) keep in mind that wreath making can be messy
Start your wreath by attaching the paddle wire to the wreath form
Start creating "bunches" of greens. The size of your bunches will determine the size of your wreath. I create "bunches" by layering multiple different types of greens
When you have created your bunch, lay it onto your wreath form and wrap your wire around it approximately 3 times, be sure to pull the wire tight
6. Continue to create bunches, and attach them to your wreath form. Note: do not cut the wire in between attaching the bunches.
I decided to completely fill this wreath form with greens. This style of wreath is also very pretty only half filled and finished off with a bow.
7. After you have finished your wreath, cut the wire and attach to the back of your form.
8. After you have attached your wire to the wreath form, it's time to add in extras!
For this wreath I hot glued dried oranges into the greens.
Hang your wreath inside or outside and Enjoy!!
-Heidi, Lydia and Tina
Heritage Blooms Flower Farm